Robert E. Lee & Associates, Inc., is seeking applicants for
Full-time Civil Engineer
Robert E. Lee & Associates, Inc., a northeast Wisconsin full-service consulting firm, specializing in civil and environmental engineering, surveying, and natural resources services, is seeking a motivated applicant for a full-time position.
JOB TITLE: Civil Engineer
- Responsible for performing design and construction administration and observation tasks on transportation and municipal projects. Candidate would perform a variety of engineering tasks involving the analysis of data and the preparation of plans and reports. Work requires application of engineering principles and practices. Work is performed under the professional engineering guidance of a higher level engineer.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform construction administration and observation of highway and municipal construction projects; including bridge painting, grading, asphalt pavement, concrete pavement, sanitary sewers, storm sewers, water mains. Tasks include inspection, materials testing, record keeping, coordination with clients, contractors and the general public.
- Perform project design tasks on highway and municipal projects in accordance with state and federal standards. Tasks include design, plan preparation, report writing, environmental documentation, agency coordination, public involvement, specification writing, and quantity calculation.
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering required from an accredited engineering college.
- 3-15 years civil engineering experience
- Professional Engineering Registration or Engineer-In-Training (EIT) Certificate in Wisconsin is required.
- Construction observation experience on WisDOT and/or municipal projects is a plus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ability to communicate and interact well with clients, agencies, and other staff.
- Knowledge of WisDOT Facilities Development Manual is preferred.
- Ability to utilize AutoCAD and Civil3D software is preferred.
- Ability to utilize or learn WisDOT Field Manager software and AASHTOWARE Construction.
- Ability to read and interpret maps, plans, construction drawings, specifications, work orders, and shop drawings.
- Ability to maintain project records in a current and orderly manner.
- Ability to work well both as a team member and independently.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods, and to climb, stoop, squat, crawl, crouch, and bend.
- Ability to walk through typical construction project sites; climb ladders, scaffolding, stairs, and rough terrain.
- Ability to carry up to 30 pounds.
- Applicants providing a combination of some or all of the education, experience, and skills listed will be considered for the position.
- Outdoor working environment on construction sites and/or indoor office setting.
- Travel to and from project sites.
- Overtime may be required to complete projects.
- Occasional adjustments in work shifts may be required to service project needs.
- Compensation based on experience.
- Robert E. Lee & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Full-time staff is eligible for paid holidays, health and dental, vacation, profit sharing, and 401K.
- Pre-employment drug screen required.
Please EMAIL resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org