Robert E. Lee & Associates, Inc., is seeking applicants for Limited Term Employment Construction Observer
Robert E. Lee & Associates, Inc., a northeast Wisconsin full-service consulting firm, specializing in civil and environmental engineering, surveying, and natural resources services, is seeking motivated applicants for a Limited Term Employment position.
JOB TITLE: Construction Observer
STATUS: Limited Term Employment, Hourly (Nonexempt)
- Responsible for performing construction observation tasks. May perform construction observation of underground improvements & surface improvements in the public right-of-way, on civil infrastructure, on state, public, commercial, or private developments. Also may include observation of structures on Municipal, Water and Wastewater Improvement projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform construction observation of sanitary sewers, storm sewers, water mains, street construction including curb and gutter, asphalt pavement, concrete sidewalk and concrete pavement. Paint inspection on bridges and elevated storage tanks. Building projects include observation of concrete construction, building construction, water and wastewater piping and equipment installation.
- Maintain project records, including daily observation logs, time-and-materials records, and record
- Communicate and coordinate with project participants including project owners, operations staff, project managers, contractors & materials testing laboratories.
- Applicants providing a combination of some or all of the education, experience, and skills listed will be considered for the position.
- Thorough knowledge of construction techniques as they relate to civil engineering projects.
- Coursework in civil or structural engineering with associate or bachelor’s degree desired.
- 3+ year’s experience with civil observation on municipal and/or WisDOT projects. Paint Inspection experience is an asset.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ability to read and interpret maps, plans, construction drawings, specifications, work orders, and shop drawings.
- Ability to maintain project records in a current and ordered state.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with clients, agencies, and other staff.
- Ability to work well with others (as a team member) and alone.
- Ability to use laptop computers or tablet computers and common business software.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods, and to climb, stoop, squat, crawl, crouch, and bend.
- Ability to walk through typical construction project sites; climb ladders, scaffolding, and stairs.
- Ability to carry up to 30 pounds.
- Familiarity with WisDOT Field Manager is an asset.
- Outdoor working environment on construction sites.
- Travel to and from construction sites.
- Overtime may be required to complete projects.
- Occasional adjustments in work shifts may be required to service project needs.
- Occasional overnight time away from home may be required.
Compensation based on experience.
Robert E. Lee & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
This position is a Limited Term Employment, duration is dependent on work load and performance. Anticipated duration of employment is currently March through November.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
Please E-MAIL resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org