Robert E. Lee & Associates, Inc., is seeking applicants for Full-time Municipal Services Engineering Manager/Sr. Project Manager
Robert E. Lee & Associates, Inc., a growing northeast Wisconsin full-service consulting firm, specializing in civil and environmental engineering, surveying, and natural resources services, is seeking a motivated applicant for a full-time position.
Job Title: Municipal Services Engineering Manager/Sr. Project Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities
Robert E Lee & Associates, Inc., is growing and we are actively seeking a Senior Project Manager for employment, in our Hobart, Wisconsin office. The successful candidate will be responsible for project and client management within our Municipal division; he/she should have strong lead engineering skills, strong project management skills and strong client skills to develop and successfully complete projects. OTHER EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate is desired to have a minimum of ten (10) years progressive experience in all aspects of civil engineering with 6 year’s experience as a project manager.
The roles and responsibilities of this position are:
- Manage the day-to-day operational activities of projects across various internal functional departments within REL.
- Recommend and implement improvements to existing technical procedures based on understanding of new technologies & processes.
- Monitor project expenditures against project estimates and budgets.
- Provide accurate and timely budget reporting.
- Communicate effectively with project team members, senior management, and other managers whose staff are involved in projects.
- Provide technical direction, guidance and support to Project Design team.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders, including the customer project manager, through regular and proactively scheduled meetings.
- Full responsibility to interpret, organize, execute and coordinate assignments
- Applies diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to broad variety of assignments
- Prepare project work plans, setup documentation, and schedules based on contract scope of work. Estimate resources required to perform projects or tasks as assigned.
- Act as lead engineer on evaluation and design projects. Lead assigned tasks in area of expertise on large, complex projects. Lead technical aspects to determine sufficiency of existing transportation, water, sanitary and other municipal systems.
- Compile and analyze complex engineering data and prepare conclusions and recommendations. Perform research and develop innovative solutions to complex engineering problems
- Prepare technical memoranda and reports summarizing projects, findings and recommendations. Lead development of deliverables for assigned projects.
- Effectively present complex technical concepts, results and conclusions, and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences, including clients, project managers, executives and public officials, and the general public.
- Staff development and mentoring, business development which involves attendance at marketing functions, business dinners/events, and cross marketing with other REL market sectors.
- Maintain presence and leadership in the municipal services area through involvement in civic, political, professional and business organizations
- Licensed Professional Engineer in State of Wisconsin
- 10+ year’s progressive experience in all aspects of civil engineering with 6+ year’s experience as a project manager.
- Local Northeast Wisconsin knowledge.
- Experience with:
- Municipal engineering design, permitting, bidding, and construction.
- making public presentations and client management
- proposal preparation, budget tracking and forecasting workloads and staff development.
- standard CAD platforms such as AutoCAD and Civil 3D software
- hydraulic modeling software – storm water management
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and able to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to lead a team of staff engineers and technicians on assigned projects or tasks.
- Construction experience on municipal projects
- Compensation based on experience.
- Robert E. Lee & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Full-time staff is eligible for paid holidays, health and dental, vacation, profit sharing, and 401K.
- Pre-employment drug screen required.
E-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.